How you energize consultingWe are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and highly skilled Principal who will take on the responsibility for consulting projects across the energy value chain. As a member of our leadership team in Boston, you will be expected to support and supervise the overall development of our growing business through internal office management and acquisition of new clients in the North American market. You will own multiple projects by overseeing project modules and workstreams in alignment with our clients. Leading project teams, facilitation of workshops, coordinating with our international offices and presenting project progress and results to management will be part of your work routine.
- Manage large projects and programs with accountability for final delivery; present results to key stakeholders on the client side
- Steer implementation strategies, formulate project plans, and address specific engagement issues in collaboration with senior client personnel
- Lead and mentor teams of varying seniority from Analysts to Engagement Managers
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior executives and act as a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Represent innogy Consulting at high-visibility industry conferences and networking events
- Contribute to overall North America strategy of innogy Consulting
- Supervise internal office operations, including but not limited to, business development, recruiting, and marketing
How you empower us
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA/advanced degree from a top program preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working for management/strategy consulting firms
- Experience working with senior leadership within an organization
- Extensive understanding of US energy sector, electrical utilities
- Extensive client account and project management experience
- Proven ability to forge lasting client relationships
- Comfortable working with smaller, highly international teams and supervising junior staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superior interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel at short notice, both locally and internationally
- Working proficiency of a European language is a plus
About innogy ConsultingAbout innogy Consulting
innogy Consulting is an energy-focused management consulting firm with operations in North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Our consultants drive strategic projects spanning from strategy development to digitization, market entry to process optimization, for leading energy companies and organizations, who intend to fortifying their businesses for the future. Our team of more than 180 consultants, serves leading energy companies to address their most complex business opportunities and challenges.
innogy Consulting’s Boston Office:
Our Boston office is the latest addition to innogy Consulting’s global presence. We are actively developing our utility client base in North America and looking for enthusiastic consultants to join our team and help grow our operations.