How you energize consultingAs an Engagement Manager (Project Lead), you will lead client projects as well as steer innogy Consulting’s US internal activities. Your primary accountability will be to drive strategic initiatives for our consulting business expansion in North America, working on diverse, challenging, and problems transforming the entire energy industry. You will be responsible for applying strategic frameworks and concepts to solve complex client business problems, managing project execution and developing and evolving the consulting model in the US.
- Lead client projects and own final deliverables while maintaining knowledge of all the relevant technical and operational details of project execution
- Define roles and tasks for consulting team staff
- Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior team members on problem solving and analysis
- Maintain and develop client relationships and act as a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Supervise and own key initiatives for internal office operations, including but not limited to business development, recruiting, and marketing activities
How you empower us
- Undergraduate degree required, an advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for a leading management/strategy consulting firm
- Experience working with senior leadership within a client organization
- Broad understanding of US energy sector; electrical utilities
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Comfortable working in smaller and highly international teams; experience mentoring junior staff
- Outstanding research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superior interpersonal skills leading to forging lasting relationships with senior executives
- Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel at short notice, both locally and internationally
- Working proficiency of a European language a plus
About innogy ConsultingAbout innogy Consulting
innogy Consulting is an energy-focused management consulting firm with operations in North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Our consultants drive strategic projects spanning from strategy development to digitization, market entry to process optimization, for leading energy companies and organizations, who intend to fortifying their businesses for the future. Our team of more than 180 consultants, serves leading energy companies to address their most complex business opportunities and challenges.
innogy Consulting’s Boston Office:
Our Boston office is the latest addition to innogy Consulting’s global presence. We are actively developing our utility client base in North America and looking for enthusiastic consultants to join our team and help grow our operations.